How I Make My Personal Prayer Time Very Exciting [UPDATED]

Having dull moments during your personal prayer time? Do you excruciatingly pray when you do so alone? Are your prayer times often boring, dull, and never exciting?




I have had that experience before. I would show so much fervour praying corporately with others but when I am alone, prayer is as boring as watching a snail cover a long distance.

 Today, I would be sharing my own secrets for making my prayer time very exciting. Ever since I began to apply these secrets my personal prayer time has increasingly became exciting.


 Usually, believers love corporate prayers more than personal prayers (I use to) but with these secrets I have come to love the secret place alone; wherein it is just me, my loud voice and God.


 If you want your personal prayer time to be so much fun then I counsel that you follow these secrets which I am going to be sharing diligently.


 If you do not wish to have an exciting prayer time, do yourself the favour and close this tab otherwise, come with me as I unveil the secrets behind my very exciting personal prayer time.


SECRET #1: SEEING PRAYER AS COMMUNING WITH GOD



 Whenever I want to pray I see it as a time to discuss and commune with my heavenly Father

 I see God as the very source of my existence. He is my life-source. The Spirit in whom I live and move and have my being thus having the privilege of talking to Him and have Him talk back to me in the place of prayer is push enough to make prayers very exciting for me.

 There's practically no other way with which I can talk to God other than by prayers and I like to make good use of this privilege and platform to commune daily with Him.

 Dr. Paul Enenche said that at the place of prayer man is enabled to see his life from the perspective of God. Prayers affords me the opportunity to see my life in the light of God's own perspective which is the most superior perspective.

 I understand that I am nothing without God hence communing with Him keeps me alive and kicking. Failing to commune with God is like being detached from my life source which ultimately translates to death.

 To this end prayer time has got to be funtime for me


 SECRET #2: TRUSTING GOD'S SPIRIT TO HELP ME PRAY



I pray a lot in tongues.


I love English language in fact I pride myself in speaking heavy vocabulary so people reconcile with the fact that I am a brilliant, smart dude but with prayers I cannot express myself in English language for two (2) minutes.

I could speak all manner of grammar and vocabulary when I am talking to people but when it is time to talk to God English is a limitation.

My personal prayer time is characterized by tongues through out. It is only when there's a quickening in my spirit man then I might say a sentence or two in English and I am back "tonguing".

I do not pray in English just because I find it hard to express myself in it but because I am relying on the Holy Spirit to help me pray to this end speaking in tongues is my resort.


"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." – Romans 8:26

From the scripture above, I found out that I always would not know the right things to pray for. So that I won't be praying amiss I pray in tongues to allow the Holy Spirit pray through me.

Usually, when I attended a church gathering or a prayer meeting and prayers are offered and my spirit is not so comfortable with the prayers being raised, I quickly remind myself of Romans 8:26 and forget the prayer point being raised trusting the Holy Spirit to pray for me as I pray in other tongues.

With tongues you can never pray wrongly.

Whenever I am unsure of what to pray about, I simply allow my mind go blank then I begin to pray in tongues before long something projects into my spirit and like light it illuminates my heart which was darkened by ignorance.

I sometimes feel uncomfortable when I am praying in tongues. Firstly because I can be very loud and secondly because not everyone around me speaks fluently in tongues.

Then I am reminded of 1 Corinthians 14:2

"For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries."

This tells me that I am not praying to any man but to God and since speaking in tongues is communicating deep mysteries to God which He alone understands then I am answerable to no man.

My personal prayer time is uniquely based on the Holy Spirit both to help me pray and to give me strength to pray.

"But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you." – Romans 8:11

I am aware that if the Spirit which raised Jesus from the dead has found residence in me that same Spirit is able to quicken my very body, my flesh to pray.

It is because you are praying by the energy of your flesh that is why your personal prayer time is boring.

I rely solely on God's Spirit to not only help me pray in accordance to Romans 8:26 but also to quicken me to pray according to Romans 8:11


SECRET #3: QUOTING SCRIPTURES AS I PRAY



This is my best secret for an exciting personal prayer time.

This secret proves that Hebrews 4:12 is true and real.


Anytime I pray and make scriptural references I am energized and poised to pray.

Often times as I pray, scriptures are shot into my spirit man by the Holy Spirit and when I say them out joy, zeal and energy floods me.

I keep my Bible handy as I pray. This is because I might be prompted to recite a scripture and if I am not articulating the words off hand I quickly consult my Bible.

If you have yielded yourself to prayer you would agree that in the place of prayer certain scriptures just seem to pop up in your Spirit other times you are compelled to read the Bible even while you are praying. It is the Spirit's aid for praying.

Some of the verses which I normally quote when I pray includes;

Psalms 80:18
"So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name."

James 5:17
"Elijah was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months."

Luke 18:1
"And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;"

Jeremiah 33:3
"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."

Romans 8:11
"But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you."

Romans 8:26
"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." 

Romans 12:12
"Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;"
Philippians 4:6
"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."

Ephesians 6:12
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:18
"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;"
Proverbs 18:1
"Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom."

These are not the only scriptures I quote when praying. They are the ones I often quote.


I trust God's Spirit to bring me scriptures as I pray but to keep me going in the place of prayers the above scriptures come in handy.

If you take a look at them you would see a single theme; prayer except proverbs which has a theme peculiar to my life.

When tiredness sets in I know what scripture knob to turn. When my spirit becomes faint I know the exact scripture to navigate to and I am firing again.

You can never have a dull prayer time when you apply this secret. This is my personal best secret for excitingly praying alone.



SECRET #4: REMINDING MYSELF OF THE BENEFITS OF PRAYER

Finally, to make my personal prayer time exciting I remind myself of the benefits which can be gotten from prayers.

They are numerous and I can't possibly name them all. A few includes;

1. Intimacy with God's Spirit

2. Vision and Direction

3. Purpose discovery and fulfillment

4. Alignment for Ministry

5. Gaining Relevance

6. Attaining Power and Authority before God and Man

7. Preservation and Protection from Spiritual Powers, Forces, and Influences

8. Living above sin

9. Becoming a wonder to my generation

10. Getting wisdom, knowledge and understanding

And so much more.

Anytime I reflect on the immense and numerous benefits of prayers I resort to praying the more.

I know that if I must become who God has predestinated me to become then I must be yielded to prayers.

I must have to give my self to prayers but when it is convenient or not.

SECRET #5: PLAYING SONGS OF WORSHIP FROM MY PHONE

I actually learnt this from someone who loves to sing while praying but does not know how to sing.

When he wants to pray, he uses his mobile phone to play worship songs, as he prays his phone does the singing for him.

I considered it and began to use the same method during my personal prayer time and since I began using this method I have found it effective for making personal prayer time very exciting.

I pride myself in owning a catalogue of unique worship songs scrutinized properly before sent to my phone.

I never put a song on my phone that does not bear a spiritual emphasis. If the song does not minister to my spirit it can't stay on my phone.

I am perplexed when I see believers keeping secular songs on their phones claiming the Bible doesn't condemn love and inspirational songs.

If your mobile phone's music player can not serve the purpose of worship when you pray then you are simply an unserious christian who isn't ready to walk with God.


These secrets have made my personal prayer time very exciting and I am persuaded that when you diligently apply them and follow them you will never experience a boring prayer time.

It is my earnest desire that the least among us becomes as strong as David and that can only happen when we give ourselves to prayers.

SHALOM!

2 Comments

I sure will go by this...thanks for sharing. Gospel nuggets😀

Thanks for reading Folaranmi... Do come back for more!


EmoticonEmoticon